These days, your social media feed is likely buzzing with folks downloading and playing the revolutionary and addictive mobile game called “Pokemon GO”. Available for iOS and Android platform, the game seems well on its way to becoming a cultural phenomenon, and people are obsessed with it.
So, what’s the fuss all about? Here are some of the things you need to know about the game
- Pokemon Go is a free iOS and Android game
- It’s quickly sweeping the world
- Comes from developer Niantic Labs
- Asks for full access to your Google Account
- It makes use of your phone GPS and cameras to serve up AR experience
- Let’s you physically walk around and catch Pokemon
- Release date: 2016
- Players: Single or multiplayer
- Price: Free to play (enhancements via in-app purchases)
- Pokémon Go uses augmented reality, that challenges users to find and catch Pokémon characters in their real world surroundings.
How to play the gameAs it explains on the official Pokémon website: “As you move around, your smartphone will vibrate to let you know you’re near a Pokémon. Once you’ve encountered a Pokémon, take aim on your smartphone’s touch screen and throw a Poké Ball to catch it. Be careful when you try to catch it, or it might run away!”
How to download the game for Android phones
The game isn’t available yet for most countries but the apk file can be downloaded from apkpure, just allow install from unknown source in your phone settings to install successfully.
Download Pokemon Go apk
For iOS search through your app store to download
So, as the Pokémon slogan goes, you ‘Gotta catch ‘em all!'