At last! WhatsApp has rolled out this Two-step verification feature on Android, Windows phone apps and iOS devices. This feature was on beta test for a very long time now but has now been made official. Quickly in this post, I'm going to tell you guys all you need to know about this new whatsapp two-step verification code feature.
Though this new whatsapp feature is cool and nice but there is a saying that "every advantage, also have a disadvantage" so in this post you get to know the advantages of enabling this two-step verification code on your whatsapp and also the disadvantage of enabling this new two-step verification code on your whatsapp account as well. So!!!
ADVANTAGES OF WHATSAPP TWO-STEP VERIFICATION
- This Two-step verification is made to give your WhatsApp account better security
- It Allows you to create six digits password whenever your phone is verified on the App
- It protects unwanted persons to access your account with another phone.
- In case you forget your 6 digits password, you can also provide your E-Mail address to unlock it (optional).
You can locate this feature on your WhatsApp account by going to:
Settings >> Account >> Two-step verification >> Enable.
DISADVANTAGES OF WHATSAPP TWO-STEP VERIFICATIONThis new whatsapp feature is very good but it also has its disadvantages and that's what will be listed below in order for you to think twice before enabling the feature on your whatsapp account.
- Danger Of Losing Your Account For 7days: You know this Two-step verification requires you to specify your email address in order to recover back your 6digits passcode anytime you forget it but if you forgot your passcode without specifying the backup email, you wont be able to re-verify your number on whatsapp for complete 7days. So this means that you wont be able to access whatsapp for 7days.
- Whatsapp Account Might Get Deleted: If you re-verify your number within 30days of using the app without the passcode, your account will automatically be deleted. Although, a new account will automatically be created for you once you successfully re-verify but there is a risk of your account, chats and messages getting deleted only if you backup all times.
- Annoying Reminder To Enter Passcode: This Two-verification will always ask of your passcode frequently which might be very annoying. You can't disable this annoying reminder to enter passcode without disabling the Two-step verification altogether.
- Risk Of Having Your Email ID To Threats: As said earlier, enabling this Two-step verification requires you to specify your email address In order to recover back your 6digits code when you forget it. Although whatsapp said it wont verify email to confirm its accuracy, so there is the risk that your email address will be exposed to security threats and unwanted promotional messages as well.
I believe you now understand how this new whatsapp two-step verification code works. So its all your choice now whether to enable or disable this whatsapp two-step verification code feature on your whatsapp account