Samsung made big screen smartphones popular back in 2011 when they launched the Galaxy Note. Back then, most people considered the phone to be too large and was laughed off for being too big to be successful. Fast forward six years and now every smartphone being launched has a over 5.0-inch in size, with 5.5-inch being the norm. In contrast, the original Galaxy Note had a display that measured only 5.3-inch in size.
With big screen phones growing in popularity today, going even bigger seemed a logical path to take. Today I'll be looking at the C9 Pro.
Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Specifications
- 6.0-inch, 1920x1080 Super AMOLED display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 653
- 4x Cortex-A72 clocked at 1.95GHz + 4x Cortex-A53 at 1.44GHz; Adreno 510
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB storage with microSD support
- 16 megapixel rear camera, f1.9 aperture, PDAF, two-tone LED flash; 1080p video16 megapixel front camera, f1.9 aperture, 1080p video VoLTE, dual SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, A-GPS, USB.
- Stereo speakers; fingerprint sensor; FM radio
- 4000mAh battery, Quick Charge 2.0
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
It's a bit disappointing that it doesn't come with the latest Android OS, Android 7 Nougat.