Many people prefer using Android due to its cool features and it is also one of the best operating system (OS) because of these features. One of the features users enjoy while using Android is the ease and freedom customize and also provides incredible Apps that performs different tasks.
But there are frustrating times when you want open your Android application, when you opened it, you will be greeted with an error message "Unfortunately, app has stopped" unless you force close it. This error can somehow cause damage to your device as it will continually show up the error message and automatically close the application, and so on.
So in this post, I will show you different ways and methods on how to solve the "unfortunately, app has stopped" error on any Android Device.
How To Fix Unfortunately App Has Stopped On Android Devices
Clear Cache And DataClearing cache and data is one of the best way to fix/solve this issue because it cleans the storage system.
- Just go to Settings.
- Then tap on "Apps".
- Now, select the specific app that's causing problems and clear it's data and cache.
This will definitely free up some space and help you fix the problem but if it doesn't, try the next method.
Update The App On PlaystoreIf the application is available on playstore, you should update it because the latest version will solve the previous version's issues as new features and bugs might be fixed in the newer version.
- Just go to playstore.
- Tap on "My Apps And Games".
- Then, you can update the App causing the problems.
This will solve the problem if the update is available on playstore.
Uninstall And Reinstall The AppRe-installing the app is one of the best way to resolve the issue particularly on playstore.
- Just go to Settings.
- Tap on "Apps" and uninstall the app.
- Then, go to playstore, search for the app and download it.
- After successful download, install the app.
Remove Unwanted LauncherMany launchers being used at the same time might cause this error. It is better to use the default launcher than using multiple launchers or third-party launchers. So it is easy and simple to fix.
- Just go to Settings and tap on App.
- Now, go to "ALL" and select the launcher to uninstall it.
- Then, go to the default launcher and clear it's data.
- You can now reboot your device and use the default launcher.
Wipe Cache Partition From Recovery ModeWiping the cache partition is also one of the best way to fix the error. It has worked for many users.
Please Note: this should be one of your last options.
So, this is how to go about it below:
- Just power off your phone and hold the volume up + power key to reboot into recovery mode.
- Select "Wipe Cache Partition" and use power button to press OK.
- After successful clearing, just reboot your phone normally or use the message that will appear for you to reboot.
This process might wipe out your game data like high score and many others. So the problem will be solved but use with causion.
Factory Reset Your SmartphoneThis method is the ultimate and will erase all the data on your smartphone and you will see no Apps on your smartphone even the causing Apps but only pre-installed or follow-come Apps will remain but you can backup to protect your contents. This method is very good to fix the error.
⚠Please Note: this should be your last option.
- Just go to your Settings and tap on "Reset And Backup".
- Then select Backup And Reset option.
- Now, tap on "Factory Data Reset".
This is the best method to resolve this issue because your phone will be as you just brought it.
You can always use these methods to remove the "unfortunately, app has stopped" issue on your Android Device.
Is this tutorial helpful?