Ambient Mode in simple term is using the free time of any device to showcase some important features in such device. But because of today's topic, let us see how Google explains it in its own terms.
Ambient Mode is a "proactive" Google Assistant experience that is available whenever the device is being charged. It uses that idle screen time – without draining the battery – to display Assistant information such as the next calendar item, the weather forecast, and travel plans.
Several users are now catching up with the Ambient mode around the world. Google has also made it official as well, so you can tell how fast this feature is spreading. Now. lets have a quick look of how Ambient Mode is and what you need to know about Ambient Mode:
Ambient Mode is quite different from other display features of a smart device, this is because it springs up when the device is charging in the case of smartphones. This implies that it doesn't have any direct use of the smartphone's battery. Google is gradually releasing the Ambient mode feature on different smartphone as a few reports presently demonstrate that it is being enabled on several Android 9 and Android 10 smartphones.
How to enable Google Assistant Ambient ModeFollow the steps below to enable Ambient Mode inside Google Assistant of your Android phone:
- Open Google App.
- Click on the More (3 dots) tab at the bottom right.
- Click on Settings
- Now Tap on Google Assistant
- Tap Assistant.
- Scroll down the Assistant section to the bottom of the list.
- Under the ‘Assistant devices‘ sub-category, Click on Phone.
- Switch the ‘Ambient Mode‘ toggle to ON
Ambient Mode will be seen at the top, over the Voice and Speech segment of the page.
- You can likewise turn ON Photo Frame on Ambient Display, which will show Google Photos collections of your choice on the screen when the phone is charging.
- After that, you will be taken to the page where you can start setting up Ambient Mode. The page will show up when you get a notification about the new features on your phone.
- Click on Turn ON at the bottom right when the screen displays "Do more while your device is charging with Ambient Mode".
- In the following setup screen, the page will inquire as to whether you want to "see a slideshow of your photos with Ambient Mode". tab on "Continue" or "No, thanks", depending on if you want to see or not.
- Finally, click on 'Turn ON in settings' if you want to see your notification while on Ambient mode.
How to Disable Google Assistant Ambient ModeFor some users who doesn't want to use the Ambient mode feature or don't wish to continue using it, here's an easy way you can Turn OFF Ambient Mode for Google Assistant.
- Go through Step 1 to Step 7 from the above steps.
- After you tap on Phone, switch the "Ambient Mode" toggle to OFF.
What do you think about the Google Assistant Ambient Mode feature, tell us if it is currently enabled on your device. Do you like it or what don't you like about the Ambient Mode feature?